Founder/Chief Technology Officer, May 2016 – Present
Wrote “Getting started with React VR” by Packt Publishing.
The Consumer Virtual Reality market will be $5.2B by 2018. Formed a stealth mode startup to reenter this field; heavily invested during the last VR wave, this wave will crest. Business development, product launch, networking.
- Developing VR applications
- Enterprise (Oracle data visualization),
- and entertainment (“Gnome Invasion” a garden gnome bowling game, like miniature golf)
- Identified 3+Unity bugs within 2 weeks, one blocking issue by debugging. Unity developed a fix.
- Identified workaround to Android SDK breaking issue in Unity
- ACM SIGGRAPH (Association of Computing Machinery, Special Interest Group in Graphics) VR Pioneer, based on 20+ years of VR experience (SIGGRAPH 94).
- 10+ years VR experience (current + first VR wave experience w/CompuServe). Paid speaker at Game Developer’s Convention, on AI, VR and 3D Graphics rendering toolkits (during first wave of VR)
- Blender, Landscape visualization (Vue/World Machine), light 3D Modeling.
Chief Technology Officer, Dec 2015 – 2016
Oversaw all technical aspects of C3 Biz; directed all (45) employees in programming and technical support departments, established company Cloud strategy, and project management.
- Developed offshore support plan to reduce costs, increase profits, and increase customer satisfaction by going to 24×7 support for all database support. Devised business strategy for increasing US utilization and providing more responsive customer support.
- Lead generation for Major Oracle ERP AIX to Linux project (Harbor Freight, 13TB database). Developed overall tech strategy, project review, acting PM.
- Business development for The Rubicon Project, Oracle R12.1.3+ upgrade including presales/lead generation
- Developed Bank of Internet financial PaaS payment interface project, part of Cloud architecture strategy
- Devised a strategy to manage $1M+ of IT infrastructure serving 40 business with 10K+ users.
- Enabled real-time tracking of 40+ data centers when spearheaded implementation of monitoring dashboard; first CTO out of 7 to accomplish this. Saved over $10M in licensing costs implemented open source monitoring and built custom Oracle connectors (for Nagios/Shinken) in Python.
- Implemented code quality and mandatory reviews; increased shipping interface speed from 90 seconds to less than 300ms per shipping label a 27K% improvement
- Via SCRUM/Agile implementation; went live with first project on time and with 40% less bugs.
- Implemented source control; first time source is saved and searchable for all developers, enabling code reuse, reducing costs
- Mentored numerous employees on technology and consulting