Founder/Chief Technology Officer, Dec 2014 – Present
The Consumer Virtual Reality market will be $5.2B by 2018. Formed a stealth mode startup to reenter this field; heavily invested during the last VR wave, this wave will crest. Business development, product launch, networking.
- Developing VR applications
- Architectural Visualization (Frank Lloyd Wright),
- Enterprise (Oracle data visualization),
- and entertainment (“Gnome Invasion” a garden gnome bowling game, like miniature golf)
- Identified 3+Unity bugs within 2 weeks, one blocking issue by debugging. Unity developed a fix.
- Identified workaround to Android SDK breaking issue in Unity
- ACM SIGGRAPH (Association of Computing Machinery, Special Interest Group in Graphics) VR Pioneer, based on 20+ years of VR experience (SIGGRAPH 94).
- 10+ years VR experience (current + first VR wave experience w/CompuServe). Paid speaker at Game Developer’s Convention, on AI, VR and 3D Graphics rendering toolkits (during first wave of VR)
- Blender, Landscape visualization (Vue/World Machine), light 3D Modeling.
Chief Technology Officer, Dec 2015 – 2016
Oversaw all technical aspects of C3 Biz; directed all (45) employees in programming and technical support departments, established company Cloud strategy, and project management.
- Served as the Project Manager for Major Oracle ERP AIX to Linux project (Harbor Freight, 13TB database). Architected overall strategy, project review
- Managed project for R12.1.3+ upgrade for The Rubicon Project, including presales/lead generation
- Architected Bank of Internet financial PaaS payment interface project, part of Cloud architecture strategy
- Devised a strategy to manage $1M+ of IT infrastructure serving 40 business with 10K+ users; internal Oracle instances to support users were unpatched. Fixing C3’s own servers was non-billable and employees were thus penalized working on them. Convinced owner to change compensation structure to allow proper support
- Enabled real-time tracking of 40+ data centers when spearheaded implementation of monitoring dashboard; first CTO out of 7 to accomplish this. Saved over $10M in licensing costs implemented open source monitoring and built custom Oracle connectors (for Nagios/Shinken)
- Conducted multiple code reviews for the first time; one result, increased shipping interface speed from 90 seconds to less than 300ms per shipping label a 27K% improvement
- Supervised SCRUM/Agile implementation at C3; went live with first project on time and with 40% less bugs.
- Implemented source control; first time source is saved and searchable for all developers, enabling code reuse, reducing costs
- Mentored 3 recent graduates.